- Domain : 5
- Assignments : 3
- Quizzes : 1
- Assignments : 1
- Duration : 40 hours
AMAZON WEB SERVICES AWS
Amazon has come up with its wide array ever evolving cloud computing platform known as Amazon Web Services also known by the terms remote computing or cloud services. Amazon launched first type of AWS offerings in the year 2006 to provide online support for client applications and website.
Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures
- Choose reliable/resilient storage.
- Determine how to design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services.
- Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution.
- Determine how to design high availability and/or fault tolerant architectures
Domain 2: Define Performant Architectures
- Choose performant storage and databases.
- Apply caching to improve performance.
- Design solutions for elasticity and scalability.
Domain 3: Specify Secure Applications And Architectures
- Determine how to secure application tiers.
- Determine how to secure data.
- Define the networking infrastructure for a single VPC application.
Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Determine how to design cost-optimized storage.
- Determine how to design cost-optimized compute.
Domain 5: Define Operationally-Excellent Architectures
- Choose design features in solutions that enable operational excellence.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
Domain 1: High Availability And Business Continuity
- Demonstrate ability to architect the appropriate level of availability based on stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrate ability to implement DR for systems based on RPO and RTO
- Determine appropriate use of multi-Availability Zones vs. multi-Region architectures
- Demonstrate ability to implement self-healing capabilities.
Domain 2: Costing
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural decisions that minimize and optimize infrastructure cost
- Apply the appropriate AWS account and billing set-up options based on scenario
- Ability to compare and contrast the cost implications of different architectures
Domain 3: Deployment Management
- Ability to manage the lifecycle of an application on AWS
- Demonstrate ability to implement the right architecture for development, testing, and staging environments
- Position and select most appropriate AWS deployment mechanism based on scenario
Domain 4: Network Design For A Complex Large Scale Deployment
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement networking features of AWS
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement connectivity features of AWS
Domain 5: Data Storage For A Complex Large Scale Deployment
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving storage options
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving database options
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage architecture
- Determine use of synchronous versus asynchronous replication
Domain 6: Security
- Design information security management systems and compliance controls
- Design security controls with the AWS shared responsibility model and global infrastructure
- Design identity and access management controls
- Design protection of Data at Rest controls
- Design protection of Data in Flight and Network Perimeter controls
Domain 7: Scalability And Elasticity
- Demonstrate the ability to design a loosely coupled system
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate front-end scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate middle-tier scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage scaling architecture
- Determine trade-offs between vertical and horizontal scaling
Domain 8: Cloud Migration And Hybrid Architecture
- Plan and execute for applications migrations
- Demonstrate ability to design hybrid cloud architectures
AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty (ANS C00)
Domain 1: Design And Implement Hybrid IT Network Architectures At Scale
- Implement connectivity for hybrid IT
- Given a scenario, derive an appropriate hybrid IT architecture connectivity solution
- Explain the process to extend connectivity using AWS Direct Connect
- Evaluate design alternatives that leverage AWS Direct Connect
- Define routing policies for hybrid IT architectures
Domain 2: Design And Implement AWS Networks
- Apply AWS networking concepts
- Given customer requirements, define network architectures on AWS
- Propose optimized designs based on the evaluation of an existing implementation
- Determine network requirements for a specialized workload
- Derive an appropriate architecture based on customer and application requirements
- Evaluate and optimize cost allocations given a network design and application data flow
Domain 3: Automate AWS Tasks
- Evaluate automation alternatives within AWS for network deployments
- Evaluate tool-based alternatives within AWS for network operations and management
Domain 4: Configure Network Integration With Application Services
- Leverage the capabilities of Route 53
- Evaluate DNS solutions in a hybrid IT architecture
- Determine the appropriate configuration of DHCP within AWS
- Given a scenario, determine an appropriate load balancing strategy within the AWS ecosystem
- Determine a content distribution strategy to optimize for performance
- Reconcile AWS service requirements with network requirements.
Domain 5: Design And Implement For Security And Compliance
- Evaluate design requirements for alignment with security and compliance objectives
- Evaluate monitoring strategies in support of security and compliance objectives
- Evaluate AWS security features for managing network traffic
- Utilize encryption technologies to secure network communications
Domain 6: Manage, Optimize, And Troubleshoot The Network
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve a network issue.
AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS C01)
Domain 1: Incident Response
- Given an AWS abuse notice, evaluate the suspected compromised instance or exposed access keys.
- Verify that the Incident Response plan includes relevant AWS services.
- Evaluate the configuration of automated alerting, and execute possible remediation of security-related incidents and emerging issues.
Domain 2: Logging And Monitoring Page | 3 Version 1.5 SCS-C01
- Design and implement security monitoring and alerting.
- Troubleshoot security monitoring and alerting.
- Design and implement a logging solution.
- Troubleshoot logging solutions.
Domain 3: Infrastructure Security
- Design edge security on AWS.
- Design and implement a secure network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot a secure network infrastructure.
- Design and implement host-based security.
Domain 4: Identity And Access Management
- Design and implement a scalable authorization and authentication system to access AWS resources.
- Troubleshoot an authorization and authentication system to access AWS resources.
Domain 5: Data Protection
- Design and implement key management and use.
- Troubleshoot key management.
- Design and implement a data encryption solution for data at rest and data in transit.